Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Balance

I’m typically a connoisseur of the weekend. I understand how to get the perfect balance of activities and rest. Recently I conquered the ‘Sunday Night Blues’ by realizing after 20 years of them that I was just done being a wuss about it. Here are a few thoughts/highlights from the weekend:

- Self discipline is a funny thing to me. I don’t have enough of it to not order and consume a fried chicken sandwich at 9:00pm but I do have the wherewithal to force myself out of bed the next day and pay for that sin in the gym.

- Shopping – I love to shop (no I’m not a girl…hahahah…shut it) but it has to be the right time. Saw a few things this weekend I wanted but when I thought about where I would put those items or what I would do with my old stuff I decided to just walk away.


- Jersey Shore – makes me feel bad to be a human being in 2011.

- Customer Service and WIFI – there is nothing better than starting the weekend mornings off with a great cup of coffee and then to casually surf the net in a comfortable, clean chair. Hats off for a good attitude Tim.

- Church – strong message in such a welcoming place. We are moving our services to House of Blues on Sundays to make room for the growing number of attendees. I wonder if I can get a burger and beer during service…

- Sunburn – I know. I know. All I’m saying is I got caught up in an eerily on point conversation and realized an hour or so later I needed to get inside. I’m not burned to a crisp. But I am a lobster in wingtips today.

- Pei Wei and PBS- Love Masterpiece Mysteries and food enough for two. Speaking of which, excuse me please.

Mr. A

No comments:

Post a Comment