Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blah blah blah

Words
These are overused phrases at work that I have been guilty of using. Just like everybody else.
‘At the end of the day’ – can we all agree to let this one go?
‘Reach out to’ – from now on I will use ‘contact’, ‘call’, ‘email’, ‘invite’.
‘Put that/this on the table’ – there is no table. Let’s just say ‘would like to discuss this issue/thought/idea’.
‘Absolutely’ – I physically cringe when I hear this one. Just stop. Say, ‘yes’ or ‘I strongly agree’ or ‘unconditionally’.

Mean
There was a boy who was lounging and thinking and enjoying a beverage by the pool. There was a girl who invited herself to sit in the chair next to him. Even though there were others available. Creepy. The boy is in transition. The boy does not like to be bothered.
The girl wanted to talk. The boy obliged for a few minutes. The boy asked the girl to watch his belongings while he went back to his place to grab some beverages. The girl agreed and seemed excited.
The boy came back and did not share. He is mean. He does not care.

Addiction
I have an emerging addiction. Food. Which I eat after 8:00pm on a ‘table’ I made (turned upside down) with a cardboard box. Last night it was three pieces of pizza… and beer. But they were organic. So that was probably as good as a salad and fish. Problem solved. There. That’s better.

Worry
I worry more than most. I worry about relationships, spirituality, family, friends, career, traffic and illness. It never helps the situation and it never helps me sort through the problems. I hate that I worry. It is unlikely I will stop. But maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment